Zip code mailing lists are when you mail every address in a specific zip code. These type of zip code mailing lists are another form of a saturation mailing, but just on a larger scale. With saturation mailings typically you chose specific carrier routes to mail and with zip code mailings you mail every route in a zip code.
If you want to mail only specific homes within a zip code, filtering the list by age, income, home owners, etc.., then a targeted consumer mailing list is the way to go. Follow the link to that page now and save yourself some time.
Get A Free Zip Code List Count & Quote Now
When To Use Zip Code Mailing Lists
As you may have gathered by this point, at Mail King we are big fans of utilizing all the great data, and email database, available to you in order to run more targeted and effective direct mail campaigns. Targeted data (as opposed to zip code saturation) minimizes waste, thus saving you money, and so increasing your direct mail campaign ROI. However, in some cases, zip code mailing lists, like saturation mailings are the way to go. In reality it all comes down to the numbers.
- PRO: Using a zip code mailing list means you qualify for saturation postage. That's a good thing! This postage class of mail is about 9 cents cheaper than a highly targeted mailing.
- CON: If all the addresses mailed do not meet the criteria to be your customer then you have a larger amount of potential waste. That's a bad thing!
So, it's all about ROI? Right! Well, the last part of that equation is "Investment" So if your target market represents a large enough portion of a zip code in order that the savings on postage is greater than the waste on bad addresses then it a go! If not, then go with the targeted mailing list. You will end up paying more in postage per piece, but less overall, plus you know that everyone who gets your mailer is prequalified to be one of your best customers (aka no waste!).
Best Businesses For Zip Code Mailing List Marketing
The types of businesses that are a good fit for zip code mailings are basically the same as those that are a good fit for every door direct mail (EDDM), and saturation mailings. The difference just comes down to budget and how far you think you can pull your ideal customers from. Some local businesses like, dry cleaners, pull the majority of their customers from only a .5 to 1 mile radius around the shop. Unless the zip code is highly dense in population a zip code mailing list will put you far beyond this radius and you would end up wasting quite a bit of your money mailing homes that will never respond or at least not become regular customers.
- Dry cleaners (depends on zip code density and business location)
- Hair salons (depends on zip code density and business location)
- Nail salons (depends on zip code density and business location)
- Automotive shops
- Most fitness centers (ie..cross fit gym or boxing club not a good fit)
- Tax accountants
- Urgent care
- Real Estate
- Many types of retail though this is on a case by case basis depending on what you sell.
- Recreation (golf, bowling, fun parks, dance classes, sports teams, theaters, etc..)
Ready To Mail To A Zip Code List?
Does a zip code mailing list sound like a good fit for your business? Have some questions? Wanted to get started? Either way, contact Mail King today to discuss your business needs and we will steer you in the right direction. Click on the button below to get a direct mail quote now or simply call us at (916) 296-0545.