22 Tips for Direct Mail Success
Direct mail is one of the most important parts of your marketing plan. Creating a campaign message that will be effective and produce the results you need takes time, but pays big dividends. The right message is very important and must get to the right prospect in the right way on a frequent enough basis. Capturing your reader has to happen fast and your reader must be motivated to take action. Whether you are creating a postcard or letter here are some good rules to follow.
Here are 22 direct mail marketing tips for your next campaign.
- Make a free offer
- Use bullet points
- Keep sentences short
- Use colors
- Include a bold headline
- Use a testimonial
- Use before and after photos
- Offer a risk free trial
- Highlight "what's in it for them?"
- Be sure prospect can answer in their mind "Why should I call this company?"
- Use powerful photos and images to grab attention
- Personalize the data and graphics
- Be sure the offer stands out in the design
- Repeat the offer 3 times if it's a letter
- Use PS for letters!
- Include an expiration date or "respond by" date for offers
- Use only a couple different fonts at most
- Be sure to include a bold call to action
- Make a guarantee!
- Code your mailings so you can track and compare results
- Don't clutter the design
- Hire a professional graphic designer
There you are! 22 Simple and effective tips to get more out of your next mailing. Hopefully you found a nugget or three that you hadn't considered.
As always, Mail King USA is here if you need help.