Study: Marketers Up Spend in Direct Mail
A recent article was published covering a study on marketing spend. It highlighted many points about direct mail marketing, which includes postcard marketing and letter marketing as well as sending packages, or gifts, in the mail.
About 160 marketing leaders in North America participated in the research. It is quite interesting. Check out the highlights below.
- Recent research shows that end-recipients are wearying a bit on digital approaches.
- A central finding of a new study shows that marketers are upping investment in direct mail marketing and corporate gifting as target audiences become increasingly desensitized to an onslaught of digital approaches.
- 54% of marketing leaders increased their direct mail spend in 2022.
- Nearly seven in 10 (69%) plan to spend even more next year on direct mail – a 27% year-over-year rise
- Direct mail marketing investment is paying off. Nearly 80% of B2B marketers experienced performance boosts from analog touchpoints like direct mail and gifting.
- 76% of marketers agree that engagement with digital marketing is dropping
- Overall marketing efficacy can be enhanced when combining complementary digital and analog (direct mail, gifting) tactics.
A last point that was mentioned and noteworthy is that the pandemic led to a major push to digital chanels that created a crowded marketpace and an overwhelming amount of ads that turned off consumers. Consumers now seem to be recoiling from digital at all levels. Recent news also highlghted dropping netflix subscriber numbers on their streaming platform and similar trends are seen at Facebook.
Consumers are getting much more selective about where they spend their precious hours online and many are just opting for less hours in general having experience the harmful side of being couped up in front of a screen all day. You can read the full article here.
Interested in getting a driect mail marketing campaign of your own off the ground?
Give us a call or get a free direct mail quote now.